What is pathology? What does it take to be a pathologist? The Intro to Pathology Career Exploration Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini course for students to see a day in the life of a pathologist, understand what the career entails, and test drive the career through a wide variety of online and inquiry-based activities. The Challenge concludes with three medical case studies where students work like a real pathologist to solve patient mysteries! Delivered in interactive TpT Digital activity and PDF formats, including:
1. interactive online pathology career exploration resources (virtual job shadow video, downloadable info sheet, and career focused activity)
2. short quiz with answer key
3. similar careers presentation with links to related online career exploration resources (all with virtual job shadow video, downloadable info sheet, and career focused activity) and student reflection [6 googleslides]
4. day in the life resources with reflection questions
5. super fun pathology subspecialty matching activity and reflection question to help students find the branch of pathology that is a perfect fit [36 googleslides]
6. ‘pathology of a pathologist’ presentation and reflection questions to help students understand the qualities needed in this career [7 googleslides]
7. printable Path to Becoming a Pathologist infographic/poster
8. Pathology Case Studies Challenge with student-friendly directions, student analysis questions, links to helpful resources, answer key, and reflection questions
9. links to additional online resources to explore careers in pathology
This Challenge is provided as a PDF and as a TpT Digital Activity.
>> Click here for a short video demonstrating how to use in a distance learning classroom (for educators and students)
All activities are designed to be completed independently, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete – a fun distance learning activity! Supports NGSS MS-LS1-3.
Grades: 8-12 / Total Pages: 67 / PDF document / available on Teachers Pay Teachers