A nurse provides healthcare to patients and assists doctors.
VIRTUAL JOB SHADOW
Welcome to your first day on the job! Watch this video to see a day in the life of a nurse.
Role-playing is one of the best ways to develop your skills as a nurse. Students in nursing school do it all the time!
STEP 1: Get a partner and assign roles. One person will be the nurse, and one will be the patient.
STEP 2: Play! Here are some common scenarios to try:
- Taking patient weight, pulse, and respiration
- Dealing with a difficult patient
- Helping a patient that speaks a different language than you
- Delivering bad news to a patient’s relative
- Making a patient feel comfortable
STEP 3: Take turns playing both the role of nurse and patient.
STEP 4: Share a video of one of your role plays in the Student Showcase to build your resume!