From TV to fashion, fiber optics play an important role in transmitting digitized signals. In this class demo/home based lab and webquest students will investigate waves and their applications in support of MS-PS4-3:
- Make qualitative observations of waves
- Compare and contrast analog vs. digital signals
- Explain what a fiber optic cable is, how it works, and its applications
- Summarize what a fiber optic technician does
- Apply principles of digitized signals to design a fiber optic item
Purchase includes 5E lesson plan with directions for class demo (could also be used as an at-home lab), independent student webquest packet (editable WORD doc, as well as link to googledoc version), and comprehensive webquest answer key (PDF).
Grades: 6-12 / Total Pages: 28 / available on Teachers Pay Teachers