Cardiovascular Technicians help doctors diagnose and treat people with cardiac (heart) and vascular (blood vessel) issues.
VIRTUAL JOB SHADOW
Welcome to your first day on the job! Watch this video to see a day in the life of a Cardiovascular Technician.
- Watch this video to see how a stress test is done:
2. Recruit a parent, sibling or friend to be your ‘patient’. Or be your own patient!
4. Have your patient jog in place for 7 minutes. [IMPORTANT!!! If your patient feels lightheaded, dizzy, or is tired – STOP!]
5. When 7 minutes is up, measure your patient’s heart rate and breathing rate again.
6. Compare them to normal rates: Adult Breathing = 12 to 18 breaths per minute / Adult Pulse = 60 to 100 beats per minute
7. Report! Overall, is your patient’s heart healthy? Explain using specific data.
Optional: Post your report in the Student Showcase to build your resume!
Click Below to Take the Next Step!