Cardiology is a specialized medical career offering excellent options at all education levels. In this Intro to Cardiology Careers & Social Media Project, students will explore a day in the life of cardiology professionals, understand what the career field entails, and test drive careers in cardiology through a wide variety of online and inquiry-based activities. This STEM Challenge concludes with a social media project where students take on the role of an acclaimed cardiologist. Consulting for the American Heart Association, students are tasked with planning a social media campaign to raise awareness on the science behind a heart related issue.
Delivered in interactive PDF format and TpT Digital Activity, including:
1. interactive online cardiology career exploration resources (virtual job shadow video, downloadable info sheet in English and Spanish, and fun career focused activity)
2. short quiz with answer key and analysis question
3. What is cardiology reading and reflection question
4. career pathways in cardiology diagram and reflection question
5. cardiology careers ‘who am I?’ game; 6 googleslides with answer key
6. printable Qualities of a Cardiologist infographic/poster
7. Cardiology Social Media Challenge project description and student-friendly directions
8. Social Media Challenge rubric (1 page googledoc)
9. links to additional online resources to explore careers in pathology
>> Click here for a short video demonstrating how to use in a distance learning classroom (for educators and students)
All activities are designed to be completed independently, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete – a fun distance learning activity! The included social media project is perfect for a project based assessment aligned with CCSS.RST.6-8.9 or CCSS.RST.9-10.1.
Grades: 8-12 / Total Pages: 18 / PDF document / available on Teachers Pay Teachers