Biologists study life to understand how it works, and how it interacts.
VIRTUAL JOB SHADOW
Welcome to your first day on the job! There are MANY different types of biologists. Watch this video to see what a day in the life of a marine biologist is like.
Biologist study things that are alive. And the best place to start your career as a biologist is your back yard! Here’s a simple but fun activity to learn about biotic factors (things that are alive) and abiotic factors (things that are NOT alive) close to home:
- Go outside to your backyard or local park. Bring your phone.
- Take a picture of the area.
- When you get back, upload your picture to Canva or Googleslide.
- Using the text feature, add an A on all Abiotic factors in the image, and a B for all Biotic factors.
- Optional: Share your image in the Student Showcase to build your resume as a biologist!